Friday, June 1, 2012

This is why I like the beach...


It's been a long time since I have actually reviewed a film, this is, of course, because I haven't seen any newly released features. Never fear, I shall be viewing Prometheus and Snow White and the Huntsman in the next month! I feel as though it's irrelevant to review *old* films that aren't classics, so as a compromise I have decided to start another project. I shall be reviewing everything I've seen.

DON'T leave yet, unless it's for a new release, the review shall be short and, hopefully, very sweet.

Tonight is all about Something Borrowed (2011).




The film is enjoyable. Kate Hudson gives us an irritatingly obnoxious, egotistic, self-absorbed girl, and she's by far the most entertaining aspect of the film. Her acting chops are put to great use in the last act; for a moment or two, I felt sorry for the girl. John Krasinski, who is ever so adorable in It's Complicated, is also very likable here. Ginnifer Goodwin is adequate as the lead, for these sorts of rom-com, if you don't hate the lead by the denouement then she has succeeded.

She's not having much fun at the beach, but that might have SOMETHING to do with the fact that the man she loves is engaged to her *best friend*. Yes, quite plausible.


Colin Egglesfield is my dreamy, guilty pleasure. Let's leave it at that.

*Faints*


The film has momentum, charming moments, some memorables lines, and it is quite involving. I'm never critical with rom-coms. I don't care for fantastic characterisation, although this film does build solid supporting roles, all that I desire is a plausible, competently developed romance.

I don't desire a complicated past, I just want a love that will last.

If I'm entertained and involved for the ninety minutes, and is provoked to ask silly questions about l'amour afterwards - I'm perfectly satisfied. SO, this film fits the bill.

Okay, I change my mind... I HATE this film!


Numbers speak a lot louder than words *resisting the urge to quote Price Tag*, so:
 I gift this film a 7.5 but an 8 on the enjoyment scale

P.S. Love you Kate Hudson, you may win an OSCAR one day... pick more psychotic roles, and MUSICALS! Love y'all.

LIKE our FACEBOOK page! http://www.facebook.com/EricstaticsBlog

0 comments:

Post a Comment