Thursday, May 31, 2012

[Credit]
There's something very tragically beautiful about this shot.

Exciting news, everyone! The Les Miserables trailer has arrived and I have FINALLY made a Facebook LIKE page for the blog, and all the latest news will be updated on

 Of course, you can also follow me on my existing twitter account https://twitter.com/#!/EricStaticx. Oh, technology!

[Credit]
Reminds of the quiet, sombre moments of Moulin Rouge! Could the Oscar bells be ringing?

On with the show, Anne Hathaway's mesmerising voice is the star of this trailer, after all, it is a musical film. Amongst the film's star-studded cast are Hugh Jackman and Russel Crowe, who both look particularly suited to theirs respective roles. I am NOW excited for this film, Jackman and Hathaway singing in the same SCENE? Only if they did the same with the 2011's OSCARS, but I digress.

[Credit]
What delightful, teary eyes? Let's pray that her performance is just as interesting. 

If you see the trailer and feel a strange sense of nostalgia, even though you were not a prostitute in the early 1800s, it's perfectly normal. I do appreciate the heightened surrealism; it is realistic enough to capture our attention, and yet is unreal in a sense that is compelling. There is an air of The King's Speech about it. I'm so glad Tom Hooper is at the helm, for if anyone can balance extravagant scenes, with countless extras and props, with intimate, gritty ones it is Tom Hooper. 

[Credit] 
He's had other things on his mind...

Okay, I know this post is feeling slightly Hathaway-heavy, but I MUST include this elegant shot.


Yes, and that's my brief take on the trailer, hope you enjoy it!

P.S. I love The King's Speech, and I love y'all. There shall be more posts today, so keep posted!

0 comments:

Post a Comment