Sunday, May 13, 2012

I have an assignment due tomorrow, so I'll keep this short.

Great cinematic mothers.

First up is Meryl Streep as the endearing mama in It's Complicated.

Naughty, naughty Meryl smoking pot behind the bushes... wonder if my Mum does that... OMG!

Angelina Jolie - Christine Collins Changeling

If you HAVEN'T seen this film, do yourself a FAVOUR and SEE IT!






Next is Julie Bowen as the iconic, hysterical (in every sense) and hilarious Claire Dunphy, a mother of three in the hit show Modern Family.

It's amazing how this is OUT OF CHARACTER, and simultaneously IN CHARACTER... talk about NUANCED!






And where would my list be without the blonde goddess, Kate Winslet, as the selfless and betrayed mother in Mildred Pierce

Wow, that's perfect lighting!


How TITANIC is it!? Although Rose has aged a little, she's done it rather gracefully... unlike someone... *cough Leo cough*.






Wendi McLendon-Covey - Rita Bridesmaids.

*I cracked a blanket in half*






I would never forgive myself if I neglected Julianne Moore with her heart-wrenching role in  Far From Heaven








Maggie Smith as Lady Violet, Downton Abbey. The picture REALLY does speak for itself.





Last but not least, Nicole Kidman in Rabbit Hole. 







You do not mess with a grieving mother at a bowling alley, COME ON!


P.S. Dedicated to my own mother, and beloved grandmother, and my poor female friends who will one day be mothers and grandmothers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment