Monday, May 21, 2012

I haven't blogged for two consecutive days. I was mourning for a CERTAIN someone on Grey's Anatomy... I'm not going to cry... NO!

Once Upon A Time in Grey's Anatomy, haha I'm kidding, but this could pass for Grey's Anatomy!


Anyway, death is inevitable, especially on Grey's Anatomy. It is, however, surprising that there are very few deaths in Once Upon A Time. 



Once Upon A Time is a pretty damn good show; I was absorbed and TRAPPED by its well-constructed, post-modern parallel universes. Jennifer Morrison fills the shoes of a strong and affecting lead, and Lana Parrilla skillfully gives us the fabulous Evil Queen. I haven't enjoyed an antagonist THIS MUCH since Vanessa Williams graced the screen with the sassy Wilhemina Slater, why did Ugly Betty get cancelled!?

She's the oblivious, bad-ass with a heart... that we all love.


This show REALLY knows how to adapt fairy tales, the depths that it adds to Snow White is truly refreshing, and the twist with Red Riding Hood... WOW! The over-use of Rumpelstiltskin may irk some of you, but the show has a clear direction and the finale is a superb and satisfying conclusion to the story arc... or is it? Hehe.

So PROUD, Ginnifer Goodwin has graduated from rom-com college!


The weak CGI is to be expected for a new show, it shan't be an issue next season. There are hits and misses with the costumes, the Evil Queen does rock some real foxy costumes, but this should also be resolved by next season when the cash magically appears.

Foxy, complicated and mentally disturbed antagonists get more screen time than others... literally.


I don't want to exaggerate, but this show is quite brilliant as it uses the world of beloved fairy tale characters to comment on the Dystopia that is our world. SO whilst it is called Once Upon A Time, it is really about, well, us... NOW. Don't be fooled by the weak CGI, this show, while imaginative, is fairly GROUNDED.

Talk about having a BIG CGI problem...


P.S. The show ignites the screen with bedazzling magic, BUT I was very - and I mean VERY - displeased with how easily the Evil Queen entrapped Maleficent. HONESTLY. I know they're restricted with CGI, but the *itch is lucky she even WON, she's up against Maleficent for crying out loud! UGH!

Once again, * is up for personal interpretation. Love y'all.

3 comments:

  1. this piece of writing is ericstatic!!!!!! keep it up *oe
    (* is up for personal interpretation)
    im actually impressed with the cgi that this show provided
    way better than any other shows

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who are you? I feel like I know you!!! If not, it is a pleasure to read such a witty and foxy comment. I had to remove my own comment because I made a grammatical error, how embarrassing!?

    ReplyDelete