Thursday, July 12, 2012


There is not much to say, so I'll keep this short. TED is both enjoyable and entertaining.

When one strolls into a cinema to view a satire, one should disregard any sense of political correctness. All that one should expect from a satire is some wit, charm and humour. TED has that, in fact, it is good balance of hilarious crude humour and witty references. I'm not going to lie, I didn't get all of the jokes. Then again, some of the audience members only laughed at the crude ones. This is why TED has performed so well at the box office, it can entertain -well- anyone. 


Mila Kunis, as per usual, is sweet, sexy and adorable, and Ted  is one of a kind, he's a wonderfully charming and offensive teddy bear. This, of course, compensates for Mark Wahlberg's man-child character, who is utterly repulsive, then again, prolonged adolescence is the subject of satire. I guess Wahlberg deserves praises for his entirely credible delivery, I wonder if he drew upon his own experiences. I mean, he was a teenage underwear model, but I digress.


Anyway, this film is moderately ambitious,  has clear directions and is rather funny. If we compare it to the countless trashy satires and spoofs out there, this film is solid 8/10. Although, it doesn't quite stack up against The Hangover or Bridesmaids. 


P.S. I had a movie marathon yesterday, so do expect reviews! Also, I am finishing up with the Prometheus review, AT LONG LAST! Love y'all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment