Monday, August 6, 2012

For the most part, P!nk's new music video is a noir French film with a classy, glossy feel. The contrast of the blinding white light and the various shades of black and grey creates a hazy, dream-like atmosphere. We know that this is a whimsical dream that is about to be shattered, and we're eagerly awaiting the shattering.


The quirky video comes to a colourful climax. P!nk attends the white wedding in black, and what can I say, hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn and I LOVE that. A pink heart hovers over the party, before it bursts and showers the wedding red. 

It's exactly what an effective and inventive MV should be. It gives us a simple story to accompany the up tempo song, and heightens our, for want of a punny word, engagement in the liveliness of the lyrics. Then again, I might be blindly biased, winged flying bicycles have never failed to arouse me. 


Okay that should be enough dissecting for one day, let's wrap this UP. Even in an era where most music videos provide stunning and stylistic visuals, this one doesn't fade into the crowd. In the last few days, my inspiration and flair, if I possess any, seemed to have dried up. I'm grateful for this wake-up call. That close-up where the dripping blood paints those delicate white petals red, somehow, re-ignites my lust for cinematography and love for cinema.

So don't you dare blow me one last kiss. Love y'all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment