Wednesday, October 31, 2012


Every piece of promotional material from this film has intrigued me, this Gothic psychological thriller has me wrapped around its bloody little fingers. I love a twisted murder-mystery, and this one is built around a rather dark, nuanced and somewhat hateful mother-daughter relationship. In an intense monologue, Nicole Kidman pierces my tainted soul with her sharp blue eyes and raspy, cutting words, and yet, Mia Wasikowska stands in silence - her blank expression concealing the vulnerability that lies beneath.

You were supposed to love me, weren't you?

Then there is the enigmatic uncle Matthew Goode, and his presence twists things a little, his niece is only a child, and he can take her hands and lead a rather treacherous path. After all, she is "of age". 

Hooked? Fortunately, here is a promo, courtesy of Empire. 

P.S. I am so pleased to see Jacki Weaver (Animal Kingdom); she is rather superb, even when she is not the sociopath. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment