Saturday, April 14, 2012



A nice short from Walking Dead to illustrate my RAW LOVE for films.

So I've been "OFFICIALLY" reviewing films for about a year now, and sometimes I have been very critical and harsh; don't you ever wonder what qualifications I ACTUALLY have!? I mean, I had a small part in the school musical OLIVER!, I can't actually sing, I got A.s in junior drama, and edged out ferocious competitors to be crowned DRAMA QUEEN at my Year10 formal (prom). Other than that, I'm absolutely unqualified. PLEASE don't hit Close yet.

I can ramble on about my artistic sensibilities and instinctive love for cinema, OR I can show you.

IN THE ONE DAY, I have my name attached to two published videos! Now, to prevent any unwarranted excitement, I DID not direct a massive, multi-million dollar music video. Without further ado, here's the first! It only lasts for 9 seconds, so don't hesitate to take a CHANCE.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=276219412463815&set=vb.100002272765408&type=2&theater



As can be SEEN, I am paying tribute to Elizabeth Bank's wild performance in The Hunger Games and Yuki Kaijiura's thrilling song Declaration of War. The final video was my 36th take, and some of the earlier takes were a lot more loose and, well, creepy. SADLY, we're all confined by context, this video is used as the INTRODUCTION to a sort-of EASTER HUNT, and so being too creepy may have been counterproductive. I did get to use the MASK and the VOICE though, hehe, my voice isn't that deep in reality.

SO, I hope that was not only SHORT, but also SWEET.



The stakes, and possible flaws, are magnified for the second video, which is almost 3 minutes in length. I can honestly say that, even after watching it half a dozen times, it feels a lot shorter than 3 minutes. Of course, with "marketing" videos there isn't too much room for CRAZY CREATIVITY, but we did manage to pay homage to Coraline (with gorgeous animation from the Black Hole) and, the PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLER genre in general. YAY! ALSO, featured on the soundtrack is the lively MONDO BONGO, which famously appeared in the sexy dance scene in MR. AND MRS. SMITH.


I did co-write and co-direct this, my partner in crime actually also did a neat job with editing, and our narrator's voice is superbly smooth. See? I can't help but CRITIQUE my own videos. I hope you find it succint, impactful and somewhat INSPIRATIONAL. After all, teachers DO shape the world, and apparently engineers BUILD it, but what do I know? All I'm sure of right now is that I LOVE CINEMA!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-XUsbuou5E&list=UU6wYNNkHDq2avsrpA6ezRbQ&index=1&feature=plcp

P.S. COMMENT.PLEASE. Feeback much appreciated. E.T. phone home. It's late, I'm overwhelmed with advertisement, haha, I mean EXCITEMENT - FORGIVE E.T.

0 comments:

Post a Comment